Lercher’s Wirtshaus in Murau
Since more than 300 years, the Lercher's Wirtshaus stands for traditional culture of hospitality with a high standard. In 1769 (time of the empress Maria Theresia), the Lercher’s Wirtshaus received the “Wirtshausgerechtsamkeit” (the official entitlement to run an inn – similar to the industrial code).
Today the Lercher’s Wirtshaus is a typical small town inn, in which we prepare traditional Styrian and international dishes out of regional products. The “Wirtshaus” offers the right setting for every occasion. Dine in the inn with wooden tables, celebrate in the parlour, the panoramic room or the ancestry hall. Our culinary calendar provides seasonal variety throughout the year - following the slogan: “Styrian cuisine with Austrian diversity”!
In the warmer seasons, the open-air restaurant in front of the hotel invites you to take a seat. Let us spoil you with a coffee or an ice-cream sundae in the peaceful exterior in the middle of the old town of Murau.
How about combining your dinner at the Murauer Gasthof Hotel Lercher with an excursion to the region Murau - Kreischberg? There is a ton of possibilities to exercise in the region. You are able to go skiing, cross-country skiing or hiking.
Whether Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, wedding, birthday, anniversary, Christmas festivities or without any reason at all: We warmly welcome you to our hotel! Make a reservation now and inform us about your individual wishes on table decorations!
Lercher's Wirtshaus is open for you from Friday to Wednesday.
During holiday periods and public holidays, our Wirtshaus is open daily.
- Wirtshausführer Österreich 2014 Klaus Egle - Renate Wagner-Wittula
- Austrian honorary prize for cheese culture
- Austrian eco-label
- Falstaff Restaurant Guide - Lercher's Wirtshaus
The “Wirtshausführer” provides recommendations for restaurant owners and wine growers in Austria. There are more than 1200 restaurant owners and 300 wine growers represented in the guide.
Of course, the Murauer Gasthof Hotel Lercher has also received a recommendation.
Great emphasis is put on culture and closeness to nature. 1550 farms, thereof 350 organic farmers, are giving the region its natural elemental force. Organic region Murau is more than just a definition, more than just a brand. It is lived reality!
- Food from organic agriculture and species appropriate animal-rearing is our highest priority!
- Preferred purchase of seasonal products from regional suppliers (e.g. pumpkin seed oil from Pechtigam, Hager bakery, Wildbret Strohmeier)
- Culinary delights in Styria: great Styrian cuisine with a close link to ecological agriculture, promotion of delight, craftsmanship and traditional food
- Natural and healthy ambience and an attractively decorated table!
- Winter: bitter salads, carp, cabbage, nuts & root vegetables
- Spring: wild garlic, kid-meat, lamb & asparagus
- Summer: different berries, veal, Maibock (roe deer), mushrooms & stone fruit
- Autumn: stone fruit, pumpkin, chestnut & game
Do you like our traditional hotel and restaurant? Then order a voucher as a present for yourself or your loved ones!