Annual events in the Hotel Gasthof Lercher in Murau
We offer you numerous events throughout the year. Traditions and customs are maintained and taken seriously in the Hotel Lercher as well as in Murau. From the traditional “cutting down” of the may pole to reading poems and listening to stories on Christmas Eve!
- January 1st: New Year’s Day Brunch with musical enjoyment and a lunch buffet (registration requested)
February / March
- Shrove Monday: children’s carnival (free entry): games of all kinds and lots of small and delicious sweets to win.
- Shrove Monday: Have the courage to wear a hat (free entry): a carnival for everyone who loves to dress up, dance and have fun.
- Ash Wednesday: “Heringsschmaus”: different herring salads, delicate sea food dishes – young wine – a great evening to end the carnival and to begin the Lent.
- End of April: “setting up” of the may pole: we are maintaining the tradition in Murau with the support of the comradeship group Murau.
- The beginning of September: “taking down” of the may pole with “Frühschoppen” (Sunday morning music concerts and drinks)
- In the middle of October: game meets wine (registration required)
- In the middle of November: Junker: together with the “Soroptimisticlub Murau” and the “Weinblüten” starting at 7 pm – the trio “Klarimonimusik” is playing
- December 23rd: “Adventfenster” with the “Soroptimisticlub Murau – festive atmosphere in front of the hotel with mulled wine and “Kletzenbrot” (Christmas fruit loaf), poems and Christmas carols
- December 24th: Styrian tradition on Christmas Eve: singing Christmas carols, reading poems, listening to Christmas stories, enjoying the lights of the Christmas tree – having dinner together
- December 31st: 7 pm (registration requested): New Year’s Eve Gala: reception with an aperitif – exquisite gala menu with candle lights – dance music – fireworks in front of the hotel, “Sauschädlschmaus” at midnight (traditional dish on New Year’s Eve) – dancing until dawn.
For numerous other current events in the region - click here!