Annual events in the Hotel Gasthof Lercher in Murau
We offer you numerous events throughout the year. Traditions and customs are maintained and taken seriously in the Hotel Lercher as well as in Murau. From the traditional “cutting down” of the may pole to reading poems and listening to stories on Christmas Eve!
- January 1st: New Year’s Day Brunch with musical enjoyment and a lunch buffet (registration requested)
February / March
- Shrove Monday: children’s carnival (free entry): games of all kinds and lots of small and delicious sweets to win.
- Shrove Monday: Have the courage to wear a hat (free entry): a carnival for everyone who loves to dress up, dance and have fun.
- Ash Wednesday: “Heringsschmaus”:
(registration requested): various herring salads, fine fish dishes - young wines - a nice evening to end the carnival and start the fasting season.
February 14: Valentine's Day - It doesn't just have to be flowers. Tasting menu with wine accompaniment.
- Maundy Thursday to Easter Monday: Styrian Easter culinary delights with fasting soup, goat kid delicacies and much more.
- End of April: “setting up” of the may pole: we are maintaining the tradition in Murau with the support of the comradeship group Murau.
- Mother's Day: Family dinner for the best mum in the world
- Father's Day: Juicy barbecue for all fathers with family
- 03. to 05. July: Formula 1 - Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring Spielberg
14. August: Lercher's street concert - concert of the Murauer Stadtkapelle in front of the house
15 August: Samson procession through Murau - Samson's dance in front of the house
14-16 August: MotoGP - Austrian Motorcycle Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring Spielberg
Beginning of September: Cutting the maypole with morning pint
- Mid-November: Delicacies around the goose in Lercher's Wirtshaus - Crispy Austrian goose fresh from the oven on reservation. Telephone reservation please under 0043 3532 2431
- December 23rd: “Adventfenster” with the “Soroptimisticlub Murau – festive atmosphere in front of the hotel with mulled wine and “Kletzenbrot” (Christmas fruit loaf), poems and Christmas carols
- December 24th: Styrian tradition on Christmas Eve: singing Christmas carols, reading poems, listening to Christmas stories, enjoying the lights of the Christmas tree – having dinner together
- December 31st: 7 pm (registration requested): New Year’s Eve Gala: reception with an aperitif – exquisite gala menu with candle lights – dance music – fireworks in front of the hotel, “Sauschädlschmaus” at midnight (traditional dish on New Year’s Eve) – dancing until dawn.
For numerous other current events in the region - click here!