Skiing in Kreischberg
The Kreischberg awaits you with extra broad and excellent groomed slopes for smooth carving and boarding and is located only 9 minutes by car from the Hotel Gasthof Lercher in Murau. The kid-friendly slopes are especially popular during the holidays. You also have the possibility to go cross-country skiing and tobogganing. In summer, the Kreischberg offers numerous hiking trails.
Special highlights at the ski area Kreischberg
- The Kreischberg is a unique ski area, due to its numerous specials and not comparable to other ski areas in Styria.
- The snow tubing is a “must” for people of all ages at the gondola lift bottom terminal. You whizz about 200 m down the mountain side on a snow tube, along three secured slopes and are brought to a gentle stop by a counter slope. A comfortable tubing lift takes you back up to the top. Price per ride: € 1,-.
- You are able to test your racing skills on the permanent race course. The time is measured automatically. The price per ride, with about 20 poles, is € 1.
- The slope at the speed course is exciting as well. Your speed is measured on a steep slope, which is approx. 100 meters long. Speeds of over 80 km/h have been measured at this course. The use of the speed course is for free.
- The panorama slope towards Stadl/Mur is 3 km long and especially broad.
- The snow park Kreischberg offers ideal conditions for snowboarder and free skier. The hotspot for all freestyler is 1.900 km above sea level.
- The panorama outdoor-bar, at the cable car station, offers you a unique panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. WLAN hotspots are available for you.
- The Yabba Dabba Doo Land, the Dinopark and the “Kreischi”-trampoline provide a great time for children as well.
Your cookie settings prevent you from viewing this content.
Would you like to change the settings?
The pick-up point of the ski shuttle is 200 m from the Hotel Gasthof Lercher in Murau. The ski-shuttle is an easy way to get to the bottom terminal Kreischberg and back to the Hotel Lercher on a regular schedule.
Lift and cable cars
There are 14 lift facilities waiting for you at the ski area Kreischberg. In total, 17.200 persons can be transported per hour at the Kreischberg. The ascending aids include 3 cable cars, one of them is able to transport up to 10 persons. The “Sixpack” is the coolest 6-seater chairlift of Austria and gets you from 1.600 m to 2.000 m above sea level. The smallest guests are transported with the “babylift”. Furthermore, there are 4 chairlifts, 6 draglifts and one platterlift.
Slope kilometres and level of difficulty
You have access to 40 km of perfectly groomed slope, which is divided into 17 km of blue slope (easy), 15 km of red slope (intermediate) and 8 km of black slope (difficult).
The opening hours of the ski lifts at the Kreischberg are 8:30 am to 4 pm. 40 kilometres of snow-covered slopes are waiting for you. 14 lifts make the climb to the mountain top easy and guarantee unlimited fun on the slopes. With the Murtal Guest Card you have the advantage to receive a discount on winter prices of the ski pass. Moreover, there are special discounts for families. You are able to get you ski pass online as well.
The ski-renting service “Intersport Pintar is located next to the bottom terminal of the Kreischberg. If you want to learn how to ski or snowboard you have the possibility to sing-up at one of the ski- and snowboard schools on-site.