- Town of Murau
- Skiing & snowboarding
- Ski area Kreischberg
- Ski area Lachtal
- Cross-country skiing & tobogganing
- Ski tours & winter hiking
- Ski touring Grebenzen
- Red Bull Ring in Spielberg
- Leisure opportunities
Cycling in the region
The Murau - Kreischberg region, with its numerous low-traffic side roads and the beautiful landscape along the Mur River, is ideal for a leisurely bike tour. Already, the biking path along the Mur is the talk of the town. Supposedly one of the most varied river bike paths in the Alps. For trained cyclists, the numerous mountains are ideal for a mountain bike tour. Fancy some real mountain biking? Then enjoy a tour through the Murau mountains with your certified local mountain bike guide. The Bike Kreischberg School & Rent Mayer will adapt the tour individually to your needs. Look forward to your mountain experience of a different kind! But you can also comfortably climb a few meters in altitude with the e-bike. Nothing stands in the way of your test run with the e-bike. Relaxed cycling and enjoying nature? Let's give it a try!
A uniform and easy-to-understand signage system can be found throughout the region. You can get your personal orientation map at the reception. If you are traveling light or need help with your bike, you are exactly at the right place at the Bike Service and Rental Intersport Pinter, Rent a bike and Sport Suli. Find your favorite bike and off you go on a wild ride.
After your bike tour you will be spoiled with regional specialties at dinner in the restaurant of the Hotel Lercher. Of course, the right corresponding wine from the in-house wine cellar should not be missing.
Cyclists will find a special place on the cozy terrace of the Hotel Gasthof Lercher facing the road. A large Murau beer or something non-alcoholic will quench your thirst. Let yourself be spoiled with fine delicacies from the pastry kitchen to homemade ice cream or something salty. Enjoy the sun's rays in the blazing sun along the wall or in the cool shade under the canopy of our two trees. Recharge your batteries for your next challenge. Motorized cyclists can easily refuel their batteries free of charge.
- Get to know the exact route. At the reception you will receive valuable tips for your special experience in the Murau mountains.
- The weather in view you start off.
- In order to respect the natural habitat of animals and plants, we ask you not to leave the marked paths and to only cycle during the day.
- If you encounter grazing animals or horses, make sure to keep a safe distance.
- Check your bike before the tour to make sure it is in good shape - especially your brakes, lights and bell.
- Protect your head with a helmet.
- Good shoes, windproof and reflective clothing and a drink are basic requirements for an adventurous tour through the Murau mountains.