- Town of Murau
- Skiing & snowboarding
- Ski area Kreischberg
- ski area Lachtal
- Cross-country skiing & tobogganing
- Ski tours & winter hiking
- Red Bull Ring in Spielberg
- Leisure opportunities
The Mur-cycling path is known as one of the most beautiful riverside cycling paths of the alpine region. It begins at the national park Hohe Tauern and leads all the way to Croatia. In 2012, the cycling path was awarded with 4 of 5 possible stars from the ADFC.
The cycling path is divided into 8 stages:
- 1. Day’s stage: Sticklerhütte – Muhr im Lungau
- 2. Day’s stage: Muhr im Lungau – St. Michael im Lungau – Tamsweg – St. Georgen ob Murau – Murau
- 3. Day’s stage: Murau – Teufenbach – Scheifling – St. Georgen ob Judenburg – Judenburg
- 4. Day’s stage: Judenburg - Fisching/Weißkirchen - Zeltweg - Knittelfeld - St. Lorenzen bei Knittelfeld - St. Michael in der Obersteiermark - Leoben
- 5. Day’s stage: Leoben - Oberaich - Bruck an der Mur - Pernegg - Frohnleiten (alternatives on both sides of the shore to Graz)
- 6. Day’s stage: Graz – Wildon – Leibnitz
- 7. Day’s stage: Leibnitz – Mureck – Gosdorf – Halbenrain – Bad Radkersburg
- 8. Days’s stage: Bad Radkersburg – Radenci – Stara Nova Vas - Razkrižje - Gibina - Sveti Martin na Muri - Legrad
As a guest at the Hotel Gasthof Lercher you have to possibility to begin at the 3rd stage of the cycling path. Obviously, you also have the chance to choose the length of the tour yourself.
How about you spend a few days in Murau before you start your cycling tour? There are a lot of exciting leisure activities waiting for you in the region. The wellness area of the Hotel Gasthof Lercher is providing the necessary relaxation.
|Difficulty||Lenght||Altitude||Duration||Lowest point||Highest point|
|intermediate||457,4 km||3.887 m||35 Sh||128 m||1.763 m|